new restaurant

Monday, March 19, 2012

Fox's Pizza Den: A Southern Twist


Back in February I had an opportunity to visit the place where I spent my summers growing up. Brookhaven, MS is the place, and it had been a few years since I had been back. Things have changed a bit for the better, they had a bar now. For a dry county that came as a surprise, since I remember driving with my granny to the adjacent county to get liquor.

Driving through downtown I noticed a new pizza place called "Fox's Pizza Den," so my fiance and I decided to stop by for lunch. It was unusually quite for lunch time, which was fine by me. I enjoy a quiet place to eat from time to time. Looking through the menu I noticed the normal selection of toppings then came across a special written in chalk on the wall. It immediately caught my eye and got my taste buds tingling.

Alligator sausage? Red hot sauce? Crawfish tails? This all sounds amazing to me, and different! This dish was an unexpected surprise to me, but was a delicious treat for lunch. If you are not in the mood for pizza you should order one of their signature "wedgie" sandwiches. Wedgies are like sandwiches, but instead of using bread, they use their pizza dough instead.

If you happen to be around Brookhaven, MS, or any other of the 29 states where you can find a Fox's Pizza Den I would strongly recommend dropping by for lunch or dinner.

You can check out their full menu and locations here

1 comment:

  1. Great dish! I like this one! Seafood is something that i just love! Mare Nostrum is one of the best restaurant that serves fresh and perfectly executed seafood offerings. One of the best place to eat in miami!

    ReplyDelete